Nestlé Purina Ranks Again on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work List in 2017!
We are honored to remain among Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2017!
Our Recruiting Process
- The Process
- Submitting Your Application
- Your Behavior-Based Interviews
We must be just as good of a fit for you as you are for us. Dig through our website, see what others have to say about us on Glassdoor, and follow the conversation on social media.
You must apply online through our careers website in order to be considered for any posted positions. If you don't see a current opening that's a great fit, join our Talent Community to stay connected with company news and receive alerts when new job openings are posted. If you're not selected at any stage of our recruiting process, we'll let you know by email.
If we contact you to participate in a phone interview, it'll be behavior-based style with a recruiter from our Talent Sourcing Team. Make sure you take some time to prepare like you would for a face-to-face interview!
If you're successful over the phone, you'll visit us for an interview at the location of the position – either at our Corporate St. Louis Headquarters, one of our 12 sales offices, or at one of our 20 U.S. factory locations. The interview will consist of meeting with individuals from the Hiring Team to address several behavior-based interview questions.
If you're considered the top candidate for the job, we'll want to move quickly to welcome you aboard. You can expect to be contacted by phone with a verbal offer from our Talent Sourcing or Hiring Team.
At this point, we're all celebrating. You're about to start a new job and we're growing our team. We'll ask that you complete some administrative items so we can get the ball rolling for your first day on the job.
A little something special will arrive on your doorstep from us – something to welcome you to the family and prepare you for day one. You'll have a contact from Purina to whom you can direct your questions. Beyond that, we can't wait to have you! #PurinaBeginnings
Submitting Your Application
- We can only consider individuals who meet all the basic qualifications for positions that are posted
- Résumés are accepted only through our online application system. Good news is the entire online application process from start to finish should take approximately three minutes – and it's mobile-friendly!
- No cover letter required
- Once you've applied, you can log back into our application tracking system (using the log-in credentials you create) to track where you are in our recruiting process
- Don't give up if you don't hear back from us immediately. For many of our positions, we receive applications en masse. A human reviews every single résumé that meets basic qualifications and you'll hear back from us by email either way
Your Behavior-Based Interviews
Before the Interview
- Research the behavior-based interviewing method online and visit us on Glassdoor.com to review questions others have posted from our recruiting process
- Set up a mock interview with a friend or family member that allows you to think of specific examples from past experiences (work, school, volunteer, etc.) that highlight your skills and strengths
- Take notes of key events or projects you plan to discuss and bring them with you to the interview. It's not a test; you can refer to your notes throughout!
- Prepare a few specific questions to ask the interviewer(s) at the end. Hint: Ask questions that you can't find the answers to by researching on our website or on our corporate site.
During the Interview
- For the face-to-face interview, you'll only have to visit us onsite one time, although you'll spend three hours interviewing with different interview teams
- Go into story-telling mode. Explain critical details that outline the situation, behavior and outcome of the examples you use
- Focus on recent examples from any relevant context – previous/current jobs, internships, clubs, organizations, etc.
- Don't be afraid to use “I” instead of “We”. Own your work and accomplishments and make it clear what role you play(ed)
- You'll interview face-to-face with more than one person, but not all at the same time. Try not to repeat yourself – make sure all of your examples and stories differ from each other
- We don't expect all of your jobs and projects to have amazing outcomes. The actions you took throughout the process are what's most important as past behavior is the best predictor of future performance
After the Interview
- Ask the interviewer(s) specific questions about the job. For example:
- How is success measured in this role?
- What are the most important things I would need to accomplish within the first six months to be successful?
- Can you describe the onboarding/training process?
- What are the biggest challenges of this role? If it's a new position, what challenges should I expect?
- We'll never leave you hanging. Know that you'll hear from us quickly as to whether or not you'll move forward through our recruiting process
Have Someone in Mind Who Would
be a Great Fit for Us?
Even if you don't already work for the company, you can sign up as a “Sponsor” in our Referral Portal and refer someone to a specific job or to the company in general. Once you sign up, you're able to log back into the system anytime and track the progress of your referral throughout their recruiting experience.
* There is no monetary reward for any referrals who are hired and retained with the company. But, know how much we value great people and appreciate you helping to connect them to us.
Join the Conversation