Entry Level Career Opportunities at Nestlé Purina
Entry-Level Career Opportunities
Begin your career working with a leading pet food manufacturer with an entry-level or management trainee position at Nestlé Purina. Work cross-functionally in teams and build the skills that will allow you to develop your career and advance within the company.
If you're a senior in college or a recent college graduate in search of learning more about available entry-level opportunities, select 'Entry-Level Opportunities' below. If you're interested in developing your skills in a manufacturing environment, select 'Management Trainee Program' below to learn more and take advantage of our management trainee rotational program.
Unleash Your Potential
Management Trainee Program
Whether you're a recent college graduate or you already have a few years of experience under your belt in any of the disciplines below, we have entry-level opportunities for you.
Gain the skills, knowledge, and exposure necessary to advance your career through this unique opportunity in the Manufacturing Management Trainee rotational program. These entry-level positions, located in one of several manufacturing facilities in the United States, provide an excellent opportunity to develop the essential leadership skills in your area of focus. After learning about how the entire factory operates, you will gain an understanding of how each area impacts the others. This knowledge will enable you to help implement more successful solutions within your specific function.
The Rotational Program
- Graduating senior OR already have completed the required degree
- Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
- Cumulative GPA must be at least 2.5
Learn the different areas and processes within the factory that produce pet food and litter. Learn to speak the language of the factory floor and gain insight into the culture and job functions of factory associates. Learn all aspects of the manufacturing and distribution process. Learn the functions of the business as a whole. When you begin this program, your job is to learn.
- You must be a graduating senior or already have completed the required degree
- This is a salaried, full time position with benefits
- Relocation assistance provided
- Davenport, IA
- Bloomefield, MO
- Crete, NE
- Clinton, IA
0 – 6 Months: Training
- Extensive training through all disciplines that allows you to gain a thorough understanding of the factory by learning how each department works together and impacts one another.
6 – 12 Month: Core Focus
- Move into your area of interest
- Lead and participate in projects of increasing size and scope
- Supervise people
- Begin working on your Continuous Improvement Project, typically within your specific discipline, to help drive changes to the factory in a resourceful way.
12 – 24 Months: Supervision and Project Work
- If you have fulfilled the needs and requirements of the Trainee Program, you will be promoted to an Assistant position
- Opportunities to travel to other locations/factories and complete training segments in other discipline-specific areas
- Complete your Continuous Improvement Project
- Assistants are promoted to assistant managers
- Relocation opportunities to other locations based on the needs of the business
* The Supply Chain program provides a unique timeline and responsibilities – view additional details.
* The Engineering PTC program provides a unique timeline and responsibilities – view additional details.
From factory responsibilities including ingredient receiving, batching of the product, production of the product, packaging, warehousing, and distribution, to various support functions including Safety, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Maintenance, or Engineering, to name a few, this rotational program provides an exhaustive understanding of the entire business and a strong perspective of how everything works together while providing you with the opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with both associates of all levels as well as other trainees – a knowledge set that will make you a valuable asset within the Purina family.