Nestlé Purina Ranks Again on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work List in 2017!
Honored to remain among Glassdoor's Best Places to Work
Management Development Program
Fast-Track to Management
Before becoming a subject matter expert in your area of interest, you'll take a deep dive into every function of the manufacturing side of our business: ingredient receiving, batching of the product, production, packaging, warehousing, and distribution among various support functions. This makes you a key resource in the organization and a leader to others you'll work with. You'll truly appreciate seeing a bag or can of food on the shelf knowing every step it takes to get from source to bowl.
I began my career here in the Management Development Program, where my focus was to understand the physical process of making pet food. Now, I'm part of the technical team, which we call TAG, where I work with a diverse group of experts – nutritionists, project managers, process and regulatory specialists.
The Rotational Program
Learn the different areas and processes within the factory that produce pet food and litter. Learn to speak the language of the factory floor and gain insight into the culture and job functions of factory associates. Learn all aspects of the manufacturing and distribution process. Learn the functions of the business as a whole. When you begin this program, your job is to learn.
- You must be a graduating senior or already have completed the required degree
- This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits
- Relocation assistance provided
- Davenport, IA
- Bloomfield, MO
- Crete, NE
- Clinton, IA
- Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
Extensive training through all disciplines that allows you to gain a thorough understanding of the factory by learning how each department works together and impacts one another.
- Move into your area of interest
- Lead and participate in projects of increasing size and scope
- Supervise people
- Begin working on your Continuous Improvement Project, typically within your specific discipline, to help drive changes to the factory in a resourceful way.
Supervision & Project Work
- If you have fulfilled the needs and requirements of the Development Program, you will be promoted to an Assistant position
- Opportunities to travel to other locations/factories and complete training segments in other discipline-specific areas
- Complete your Continuous Improvement Project
- Assistants are promoted to assistant managers
- Relocation opportunities to other locations based on the needs of the business
Management Development Opportunities
Accounting Management Development
Thoroughly enjoyed your cost accounting class? Apply those principles into our manufacturing environment.
Engineering Management Development
Manage capital projects that fall within environmental/energy management, maintenance, packaging, processing, warehousing, purchasing, and installation.
Working in HR with us doesn't have to mean being behind a desk in a corporate office all day. Stretch yourself further to learn the manufacturing world.
Using continuous improvement principles, you'll dive deep into how our factories can better eliminate losses and maximize efficiencies.
Production Management Development (Manufacturing Leadership)
If you have the brain of an engineer and the desire to lead our front-line experts on the production floor, you'll be at the heart of all the action.
R&D Technical Engineering
If engineering research and process improvement pique your interest, consider this technical engineering path.
Safety Management Development
Safety of our products and our people is a fundamental promise we make as an organization. Lead the charge in staying true to our core.
Supply Chain Management Development
Spend time in both our corporate and manufacturing supply chain functions so you're prepared to lead the organization with vast knowledge and experience.
Visit Our Online Campus Engagement Hub
A one-stop resource to explore and engage with us as you consider our internships, co-ops, and development programs. Plus, you can chat live with a recruiter, receive in-depth information on our career opportunities for students, and attend engaging webinars—all while discovering the latest Nestlé news, content, and events. Create an account by entering your school email at nestle.vfairs.com.
You're leaving NestlePurinaCareers.com and heading to NestleTechCareers.com because most of our IT positions support ALL of our Nestlé businesses, not just Nestlé Purina.
Join the Conversation