It's at your very core as an Engineer – your ability to think in ways most can't, and take on the challenges most won't. It's people like you who have joined our Purina family early on in their career and were the first to engineer extruded dry dog food. People like you who built patented, customized machinery in each of our factories.
Joining Purina as an Engineering Intern means joining our factory family to play a key role in various in production, operations performance and engineering management functions. You'll be immersed in a highly technical and quality-driven production environment with the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our business and to help ensure we remain safe, operational and cutting edge in our pursuit of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. Your 10 weeks with us will include various engineering projects where you'll bridge classroom theory with real-life situations, applying engineering concepts alongside experienced colleagues. This creates an environment of perpetual feedback and mentoring that will be critically important to your professional development and success. Members of the factory management team, as well as peers, will offer you constructive guidance throughout the summer. Based on your performance as an intern and per our business needs, this internship can lead to a full-time employment opportunity within our Management Development Program upon completing your degree.
Give us the chance to get to know you and help determine if this is the right career path for you at Purina. Join us in the dare to make every day better. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
- Full-time undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Engineering at an accredited institution
- Graduating between fall 2017 and spring 2018
- Cumulative GPA 2.5
- Able to work in Denver, CO or Jefferson, WI at least 10 consecutive weeks from May through August 2017
- Must be conscientious with high cognitive ability and possess initiative, responsibility, leadership potential and a strong work ethic
- Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
- NOTE: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Time study reports
- Efficiency audits
- Capital project improvement initiatives
- Root-cause analysis and continuous improvement (DMAIC, 5 Why, Fishbone, TPM, etc.)
- Cross-functional collaboration with production, QA and maintenance
- Present recommendations and findings
- Engineering Intern
- Engineering Management Development Program
- Engineering Assistant
- Staff Engineer
- Assistant Engineering Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Factory or Corporate Engineering Leadership Roles
Available Engineering Internship Opportunities
There are not any jobs available at this time.