Nestlé Purina's commitment to pet welfare is about envisioning, as a team, what we can do to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them. It's about partnering with local organizations that support pets AND people to accomplish something bigger. And it's about having unconditional support from the bottom up and from the top down to take initiative within our communities.
Each year, Nestlé Purina celebrates PetCare Pride Day – a day devoted to community service at our St. Louis Headquarters and also at many of our factory facilities across the country. This is an opportunity for associates to step away from their desks and off the production floor to divide into teams to perform a variety of service activities.
This Year's Highlights
2017's Service Accomplishments
- A group of 100 associates transformed Frenchtown Dog Park, making approximately $30,000 worth of upgrades in partnership with Rescue Rebuild
- Assembled pet education materials and read to children at Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House about shelter pets and responsible pet care
- 40 bicycles built for children at Kingdom House
- School supplies sorted at KidSmart
- Landscaped several city parks throughout the St. Louis area
- 500 items built for area pet shelters including dog houses, pet beds, and blankets
- 1,000 new pet owner adoption kits assembled
- 9,000 ready-to-eat meals and care kits prepared
- We donated more than $20,000 to area non-profits
2016's Service Accomplishments
- A group of 20 associates painted a mural on the wall at Animal House
- Painted, cleaned, and weeded for the Laclede Landing Dog Park Makeover
- Unloaded, sorted, and packed donated food items at the Ferguson Food Pantry
- Fed the homeless and assisted with cleanup and food pantry organization at the Community Care Center
- Made blankets, built houses and beds for cats and dogs
- Assembled and painted toy boxes and hope chests for residents at Almost Home
- Painted, mulched and gardened at Brightside St. Louis
- We donated more than $40,000 to area non-profits
2015's Service Accomplishments
- A group of 50 associates went to Lucas Park in St. Louis, MO to complete a pre-makeover in advance of a new dog park
- A group of 60 associates spent the morning painting, organizing, assembling, landscaping and cleaning the Carol House Quick Fix Clinic, plus offering an additional $2,000 donation to the facility from our associates
- A group of 21 associates lent their abilities to an outdoor play yard project at Gateway Pet Guardians Shelter, as well as donating nearly $4,000
- Our Green Paws group partnered with Operation Brightside on a landscaping project at Soulard Market and also at Creve Coeur Park Trails
- A group of certified Pet Partners, amongst other volunteers, went to Grand Manor in Swansea, Illinois and the Missouri Veterans Home in North County to comfort and bring joy to people in need
- On campus, we assembled 7,500 ready-to-eat meals and 1,000 personal care kits, which are distributed by Peter and Paul Community Services, Kingdom House, St. Vincent's and AmeriCorps.
- We made 100 care kits for veterans at the Missouri Veterans Home
- We constructed 30 dog houses, 20 cat scratching posts, 36 cat bunk beds, 150 dog beds and 170 pet blankets that will be donated to area pet shelters
- We assembled 1,000 Purina Pet Packs for area shelters, containing essential items new pet owners need to get started
All in a day's work, associates at Nestlé Purina made a true impact on our local and national communities. The planning has already begun for PetCare Pride Day 2018!